Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How, then, can they call on the one in whom they have not believed? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
The goal of history is the reaching of every person on earth with the Good News of Jesus Christ. China, with a landmass of 3.7 million square miles and a population of 1.4 billion people, remains one of the biggest challenges to world evangelism in the 21st century. Today, the estimated number of Christians in China is 150 million compared to about 5 million in the late 1970's. The growth of the Church in China has been phenomenal. Yet, there are still over a billion people who have not called on the name of Christ. A significant number of these are among the 355 minority groups of China.
How do you have an effective witness for Jesus in a nation where you don't know the culture or the language and evangelism is forbidden? How do you overcome the barriers of government control and ancient differing belief systems? The answer lies in a Christ-like lifestyle where we live and walk among the people of China, praying, interacting, and building relationships. By extending hands of friendship and the love Christ shines through us and impacts the nation one person at a time.
In the summer of 1995 a group of young people from Washington State took off on an adventure that had lasting effect on the nation of China. That group was the beginning of a long-term commitment to China and her people. Since then we have taken more than fourteen different groups to help carry on this work among the Chinese minorities.
When we first set foot on Chinese soil there was only one known believer among the minority group we targeted. As relationships continued and grew, and as more people joined us in focused prayer, going, and sending, many more came to a saving knowledge of Jesus. Now there are over 1000 believers among these precious people.
In 1997 we added community development and mercy ministry projects, teaching English, and Christmas Celebrations to our China mission--finding practical ways to meet the needs of the minority peoples. We have discovered that through acts of kindness and friendship we are given an opportunity to share in ways that we would never have imagined. By taking short-term teams and partnering them with long-term missionaries, we have seen Jesus open doors in the hardest of places and seen smiles on the most stoic of faces.
Yet, most of the people of China have still never heard the wonderful message of God's love.
What can you and I do?
The Chinese people will only turn to God through persistent, diligent prayer.
- Ask God to pour out His Spirit on every city, village, university campus and household
- Ask Him for a believer in every village and ask that God might
establish a growing church in each locale.
- Pray for the faithfulness and strength of believers to persevere
- Pray for young people to be open to the Gospel and to reject the
lure of Western materialism and sin.
- Pray for the protection, provision, and empowering of more
- Financial support is greatly needed for our work among the Chinese.
- Long-term missionaries need consistent financial partners.
- Short-term workers need to be sent.
- No gift is too small.
- Join us on a short-term team.
- Take a group from your church or organization.
- Join our Frontier Mission Training Program with the goal of long-term placement.
- Take our TESOL (teaching English) course and gain skills to change lives.