Discovery Bay Camp & Missions Center
3955 S. Discovery Road
FROM SOUTH: Take Hwy 16W to Hwy 3N to Hood Canal Bridge. Turn left on Hwy 104, cross Bridge, and go 6 miles. Turn right on Hwy 19N (Port Townsend). Go through Chimacum (through stop sign) and turn left on Four Corners Road. Go 2 miles, through stop sign and .7 mile to Camp on the right.
FROM NORTH: Take 101S to Discovery Bay. Turn left on Hwy 20 (Port Townsend) and go five miles to Four Corners. Turn left on Discovery Road and go .7 mile to Camp on the right.
Below are some related sites and resources you may find uselful:
- YWAM International
- King's Kids North America
- US Renewal
- Voice of the Martyrs
- The Persecuted Church
- Asian Outreach International
- GoMissionTrip Insurance
- Cambodian Hope Organization
- Starfish Project
- World Vision
- New Beginnings Home
- YWAM Publishing
- University of the Nations
- Missions to Unreached People
- Joshua Project
- World Relief
- US Center for World Missions
- Coffee Oasis
- The Bright Connection
There are still many unreached people groups. YWAM Discovery Bay has joined the efforts in seeing the transformation of the following nations:
• China: China, with a landmass of 9,573,000 square miles and a population of 1.3 billion people, remains one of the biggest challenges to world evangelism in the 21st century. Find Out More...
• India: Although freedom of religion brings openness, Hinduism reigns supreme, and many radical parties have strict beliefs regarding conversions to other religions. This often results in persecution among the various religions, but is predominately directed against Christianity. Over 88% of Indians have yet to hear the Gospel. Find Out More...
• Mongolia: In 1980 there were no known indigenous Mongolia believers. Today-in 2006-there are nearly 40,000. We have had the privilege of participating in that harvest through short term teams, working with local church planters, and mercy ministries in the nomadic countryside. Find Out More...
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
How, then, can they call on the one in whom they have not believed?
And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard?
And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
And how can they preach unless they are sent?
As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
For more information: CONTACT US
We are an intergenerational community of young and old, of singles, married couples, and families. We are from different places and different backgrounds but have a common vision and purpose to live out our commitment to God in our daily lives, to make missionaries of all ages through multiple ministries, and to evangelize our community and the nations, particularly Asia. We believe that all of us are part of this vision. Therefore, no position at YWAM Discovery Bay is insignificant or unimportant.
Camps & Retreats
We believe that hospitality and providing a beautiful quiet place for others to come away with God is part of our heritage here at Discovery Bay as well as part of our calling to equip, mobilize and encourage the body of Christ. Providing much needed rest and refreshment is as relevant to the Kingdom of God as any other training program that we can provide. If you have a heart to direct this ministry at YWAM DB, please come join us.
If you desire to be hands-on with students in a discipleship capacity, we run several schools and are looking for staff who love to serve our students.
Sports & Performing Arts
If you are an athlete or an artist, we have a creative community to build and use your gifts while we serve together to fulfill the vision and purpose of the Kingdom of God
Generations Living the Kingdom of God Together
King’s Kids is an integral part of YWAM – an international movement embracing a Kingdom lifestyle that is family-based and generationally linked. Our purpose is to care for, reach, equip and mobilize all generations into their destiny of knowing God, bringing Him joy and making Him known.
If you have a passion for children, youth and families and would like to be part of and/or direct this ministry at Discovery Bay – we would love to have you come join us!
Our Administration office supports the students and staff at YWAM Discovery Bay as well as other parts of the world.
Areas like Facility Maintenance, grounds keeping, carpentry, Web Design and Communications and I.T. are very much needed. We are looking for committed and inspired staff who want to use these gifts to serve on the mission.
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How, then, can they call on the one in whom they have not believed? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
The goal of history is the reaching of every person on earth with the Good News of Jesus Christ. China, with a landmass of 3.7 million square miles and a population of 1.4 billion people, remains one of the biggest challenges to world evangelism in the 21st century. Today, the estimated number of Christians in China is 150 million compared to about 5 million in the late 1970's. The growth of the Church in China has been phenomenal. Yet, there are still over a billion people who have not called on the name of Christ. A significant number of these are among the 355 minority groups of China.
How do you have an effective witness for Jesus in a nation where you don't know the culture or the language and evangelism is forbidden? How do you overcome the barriers of government control and ancient differing belief systems? The answer lies in a Christ-like lifestyle where we live and walk among the people of China, praying, interacting, and building relationships. By extending hands of friendship and the love Christ shines through us and impacts the nation one person at a time.
In the summer of 1995 a group of young people from Washington State took off on an adventure that had lasting effect on the nation of China. That group was the beginning of a long-term commitment to China and her people. Since then we have taken more than fourteen different groups to help carry on this work among the Chinese minorities.
When we first set foot on Chinese soil there was only one known believer among the minority group we targeted. As relationships continued and grew, and as more people joined us in focused prayer, going, and sending, many more came to a saving knowledge of Jesus. Now there are over 1000 believers among these precious people.
In 1997 we added community development and mercy ministry projects, teaching English, and Christmas Celebrations to our China mission--finding practical ways to meet the needs of the minority peoples. We have discovered that through acts of kindness and friendship we are given an opportunity to share in ways that we would never have imagined. By taking short-term teams and partnering them with long-term missionaries, we have seen Jesus open doors in the hardest of places and seen smiles on the most stoic of faces.
Yet, most of the people of China have still never heard the wonderful message of God's love.
What can you and I do?
The Chinese people will only turn to God through persistent, diligent prayer.
- Ask God to pour out His Spirit on every city, village, university campus and household
- Ask Him for a believer in every village and ask that God might
establish a growing church in each locale.
- Pray for the faithfulness and strength of believers to persevere
- Pray for young people to be open to the Gospel and to reject the
lure of Western materialism and sin.
- Pray for the protection, provision, and empowering of more
- Financial support is greatly needed for our work among the Chinese.
- Long-term missionaries need consistent financial partners.
- Short-term workers need to be sent.
- No gift is too small.
- Join us on a short-term team.
- Take a group from your church or organization.
- Join our Frontier Mission Training Program with the goal of long-term placement.
- Take our TESOL (teaching English) course and gain skills to change lives.